Find energy fast by investing in these top ten foods!
1. Banana– serving size small – Category – Fruit – Bananas are a rich source of potassium and a natural source of Iron.
2. Oatmeal – Plain – Serving size 1/2 cup – Category- Grain – Oats are a great source of Vitamin E, zinc, selenium,copper,Iron,manganese,magnesium. Oats are a good source of protein too.
3. Blueberries – Fresh or Frozen – Serving size 1/2 cup – Category – Fruit- BlueBerries are very rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, B complex,vitamin E, vitamin A, Copper, Selenium, Zinc, Iron
4. Walnuts– unsalted – serving size- 10 of them – Category – Protein, good fat-Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, a special type of fat that is essential for our bodies, that the body cannot produce. Walnuts are a very good source of monounsaturated fats and contain many powerful antioxidants, including ellagic and gallic acids, pus antioxidant phenols and vitamin E. The minerals copper and manganese are also found in abundance in these tasty nuts.
5. Greek Yogurt – Plain – serving size – 1/2 cup – category – Dairy- Greek Yogurt has an optimal amount of calcium, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin B12, and phosphorus, protein.
6. Celery – Raw- Serving Size – 1 cup –Celery is high in minerals and is a significant source for magnesium.
7. Whole grain Bread – look on the label for the first item to be 100% whole grain bread- serving size – 1 piece -Category- Grains-This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber , Selenium, and a very good source of Manganese.
8. Chicken Breast– Boneless -skinless, baked – serving size – 4oz – Category – Protein-This food is low in Sodium. It is a good source of Vitamin B6 and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Protein, Niacin and Selenium.
9. Eggs – Organic – serving size – 2 – Category – Protein – Nutrition found in eggs are; Vitamin A, B-12, D,E, Zinc,Protein, Omega-3,Riboflavin,Niacin, Iron, Folate,Choline,Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
10. Peanut or Almond Butter – 100% Natural- serving size – 1 tbsp – Category – Protein , good fat-This food is very low in Cholesterol. It is a good source of Niacin and Manganese,iron.
Inspired Changes- Leah stocks her cupboards/fridge with these foods using them as staples to a good diet!